Spring is here...
- 25g butter
- 2 (roughly 275g) medium potatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 (about 150g) medium onion, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 4 big handfuls (about 200g) of wild garlic leaves, chopped
- 100ml double cream
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. When foaming, add the potatoes and onion, then toss until well coated. Season. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then add the wild garlic and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Immediately liquidise the soup with a hand-held stick blender, then return to the pan, stir in the cream, taste and season. Serve hot with crusty bread.